<< Back to Careers
Join a dedicated team in a fun, energetic and hip atmosphere for a North Scottsdale dream internship!
WHO GETS THE JOB
We are looking for smart, talented interns to assist our Editorial, Sales, Business Development, Design, Video, Social Media, Promotions, and Marketing teams. While the positions are unpaid, they offer the perfect opportunity for college students to gain practical experience in online media, with high potential to transition into a full-time position.
Candidates must possess the energy and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and the confidence to uphold the integrity of SheKnows standards.
These are part-time, unpaid, in-office positions, available immediately.
And one of the best parts... for those of you who love to write, here's a tremendous opportunity to get published!
Key areas of responsibility include
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure
- Organization and deadline management skills
- Experience or knowledge of Web development: A strong plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Willingness to have fun: We are a fun staff, and we genuinely love what we do, so charisma, a sense of humor and a thirst for learning new things will help.
EDITORIAL / PROMOTIONS
- Assisting our editorial team with production of new articles
- Researching, fact checking, interviewing and copy editing
- Brainstorming new ideas and topics to cover, pitching stories
- Learn how to upload articles to the SheKnows site using our custom-built online content management system
- Learn how to perform day-to-day site maintenance and quality assurance via copy editing and testing
- Assist the SheKnows Promotions team with prizing, shipping, and inventory management
- Respond to user e-mails in a timely, helpful manner consistent with SheKnows Best Practices
- Assist Promotions Coordinators with select ongoing projects, featured contests and seasonal giveaways
- Collaborate with the SheKnows Promotions team on new outreach opportunities
- Learn how to maintain and execute weekly Promotions initiatives such as keyword, prizing, and contest posting
- Assisting in promotion via social media, reader interaction and more!
Requirements and Qualifications
- Computer savvy: You must be ready and able to work with computer- and Web-based programs. If you have never cropped a picture, you need not apply.
- Background in journalism, creative writing, mass communications or related field.
- Grammar proficiency: Plenty of people know where a period goes. We want someone who feels utterly repulsed at the careless misuse of “your” and “you’re." Or any other gross misuse of the English language, for that matter (and yes, that is a fragment).
- Writing ability: You will write small blurbs and headlines for our e-newsletters, so cleverness and strong writing skills are essential. Depending on your talent and interest, you may write articles for the site, as well.
VIDEO PRODUCTION / DESIGN
- Assisting SheKnows TV video production team on studio shoots
- Assisting SheKnows TV team during field shoots
- Uploading video daily to the server
- Assist day-to-day administrative business and equipment maintenance
- Assisting with the editing process, locating assets for Editor
- Learn how to logging video footage and organizing stories
Requirements and qualifications
- Pursuing a B.A or B.S degree in Broadcast Journalism/Production or a related field
- At least 1 year of demonstrated TV/web/design experience. This includes a previous internship.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Technical and computer savvy. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about pursuing a broadcasting career behind the scenes and NOT in front of the camera.
- Experience in Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office and Excel preferred
- Experience shooting, lighting and editing a plus; especially Photoshop, After Effects, EMPS, and i-News
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure while staying organized
- Eager to learn in a fast paced environment
SOCIAL MEDIA / SALES / MARKETING
- Assist social media efforts for SheKnows owned and operated sites including SheKnows.com, FabulousFoods.com, LovingYou.com and others
- Assist the creation and implementation of social media strategies consistently and effectively
- Learn how to actively pursue partnership opportunities with leading social media accounts
- Learn how to maintain and develop new and existing relationships with Public Relations, Advertising and Marketing agencies
- Learn how to manage and oversee the social media team, including freelancers and interns on a daily basis
- Collaborate with the editorial team on trending topics to maximize promotional opportunities for SheKnows content
- Learn how to coordinate messaging for the SheKnows branded social channels with both the Editorial and Marketing Communications teams
- Learn how to actively monitor social media accounts and track engagement metrics to measure success of campaigns and identify opportunities
- Attend weekly departmental meetings to collaborate with the Business Development, Editorial, and Product teams
- Learn how to support the Public Relations department by creating press releases, fact sheets and other collateral materials as needed
Requirements and qualifications
- Knowledge of social media trends as they relate to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Computer savvy: You must be willing and able to work with computer and Web-based programs.
- Attention to detail: You will be working in a fast- paced environment with a commitment to producing high quality content for our readers.
- Writing ability: You will be interacting with external companies and partners so creativity, strong writing skills and professionalism is required.
- Professional attitude
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure.
- Highly organized and motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience in any CMS (Word Press, Joomla, etc.), Macromedia Fireworks or Photoshop, and Macromedia Dreamweaver: A big plus!
- Learn how to manage all new business research, outreach, and potential partnerships
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Work with outside counterparties as appropriate
- Learn how to structure a process to efficiently analyze and streamline potential partners
- Learn how to Identify potential business opportunities in digital media and meet with business partners to evaluate those opportunities and drive them towards execution
- Learn how to seek partnerships that expand content consumption, advertising opportunities, and create incremental revenue
- Learn how to Negotiate term sheets, licensing, and revenue sharing agreements
- Learn how to perform quantitative analysis of potential deals
- Research digital industry trends and digital media competitors
- Learn how to create sales support materials and serve as the liaison to ad sales to maximize value of properties
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to ensure brand compliance and generate cross-company value and promotion
- Learn how to manage key industry and partner relationships to foster collaboration and create new opportunities
- Learn how to provide analytical support for new ventures
Requirements and qualifications
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving
- Team and project management skills, including ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
Job Title: Intern Candidate
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Is this you? Are you ready for an incredible job with one of the fastest growing online destinations for women? Then please send your letter of interest, and resume detailing your background to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SheKnows.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, religion or veteran status. SheKnows hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
<< Back to Careers